Website Dion & Sons
Dion & Sons
Amber Resources (“Amber”) is one of Southern California’s leading petroleum (fuel and lubricant) distributors. A division of Chevron Renewable Fuels REG, the enterprise and its affiliated companies have thrived over the course of the pandemic and exceeded $340 million in 2021 total revenue. The division, with headquarter offices in Long Beach, operates 7 facilities across Southern California, with 300 employees and over 130 delivery trucks in the field daily. Chevron, a Fortune 50 public traded company, through its Renewal Fuels REG business unit, is the nation’s leader in bio-based fuels and is a driving force in the clean energy transition that is taking place in California and the United States. The Amber division is a critical component of Chevron’s clean energy strategy in California.
The Assistant Controller will partner with the Vice President/Corporate Controller to lead the timely and accurate preparation of divisional financial statements and the daily execution of divisional operational accounting activities. Amber maintains a 25-person Accounting and Tax Department to support its high volume transaction business. The Assistant Controller will directly manage functional supervisors, oversee key general ledger accounting activities and support the Vice President/Corporate Controller with key recurring and non-recurring projects including the annual financial statement audit. This individual must possess strong people management capabilities as well as strong technical and operational accounting skills.
- In partnership with the Controller, lead the Accounting and Tax Department in the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and in the daily execution of operational accounting activities
- Oversee several accounting functions such as billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, cash management, licenses and permits and customer reporting; Manage supervisors in these areas and maintain overall accountability for the performance of these teams
- Manage staff accountants in the maintenance of key general ledger accounts including monthly activity and monthly/quarterly reconciliations; Directly maintain a selection of key general ledger accounts including entries reflecting monthly activity and preparation of reconciliations
- Co-lead execution of activities related to annual financial statement audit
- Support Controller in the planning and execution of post-merger integration activities with Chevron Renewal Fuels and Chevron Corporate accounting functions
- Participate in other special projects and improvement initiatives related to financial reporting and operational accounting activities as well as other duties as assigned
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. May also directly supervise nonsupervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Assistant Controller will possess strong technical and operational accounting skills. This individual will be highly comfortable with numerical analysis and data management. This individual will thrive in both managing teams and executing their own work. The Assistant Controller will be required to learn several new software applications as well as be highly proficient with the Microsoft Excel. The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. This position will require the Assistant Controller to work full-time from Amber’s Long Beach offices and may require overtime as needed.
BASIC MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires continuous sitting for long periods of time, high levels of concentration, extensive telephone communications, manual dexterity to input and access information through a computer terminal, frequent math and algebraic calculations, moderate analytical ability, and visual ability to read computer terminals and detailed reports for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry at least 25Lbs.
General office working conditions with extended periods sitting while operating computer terminals. Significant amount of time spent viewing computer terminal or reading detailed reports. Occasional extended or flexible work hours
Education Required: 4-year Accounting (or related) degree required
Experience Required: 7-10 years related experience in a transaction heavy operational accounting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in the fuel distribution business is beneficial but not required.
Skills Required: Ability to use office equipment as described in job description, comprehensive math, algebraic and logic skills, good organizational skills, good oral and written skills, leadership skills ability to learn REG products/services, and ability to use spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Orientation 2. Customer Focus
- Safety 4. External/Internal training
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor
Post offer background & physical are required.
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law and local ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com