Dion & Sons, a part of the Amber Resources / Renewal Energy Group family of companies, is one of Southern California’s leading petroleum (fuel and lubricant) distributors. With over 300 employees, the family of companies achieved over $350 million of sales in 2021. Amber Resources is one of the region’s largest distributors of unbranded fuel to the commercial market. Also, it is recognized by Shell Oil as its leading lubricant distributor in Southern California and one of its most successful nationwide.
Dion & Sons is seeking a Junior Staff Accountant-Tax whom will report to and support its Senior Staff Accountant–Tax in managing various sales and use tax activities for the company. This will involve auditing and updating tax rates in accounting software, supporting tax inquiries to and from various taxing agencies and assisting in the preparation of sales and use tax returns and other tax reports. This position will be a part of a 24 person corporate accounting and tax team under the management of the Corporate Controller.
Primary responsibilities include
· Review daily audits for tax discrepancies, credits and adjustments, among other items
· Maintain tax tables in various accounting and billing software
· Respond to tax inquiries from various taxing agencies and customers
· Support the preparation of multiple sales and use tax returns on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Support the preparation of various other regulatory tax and fee based reporting
· Renewal & Distribution of permits, licenses & vehicle registrations, along with maintenance of both digital & hard copy files
· 3+ years of experience with sales & use tax reporting/return preparation
· Intermediate/High MS Excel skills
· General understanding of accounting
· Petroleum distribution industry experience a plus
· Strong team work skills; Strong attention to detail; Receive direction and work independently
Post offer background, and physical required
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law and local ordinances.
Dion and Sons offers full-time work and a full compensation package including:
· Hourly pay
· Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
· Medical, dental and vision insurance plans to elect
· Company paid Life Insurance
· 401k with employer match
For more information about our company, visit our website at:
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where performance is recognized, apply with us today!
Click on the link below to apply today, or submit your current resume to email@example.comAPPLY ONLINE TODAY
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiting department:
- By Phone at: (562) 216-8381
- By eMail at: HR@AmberResources.com
Learn more about our company in this video